Cerro Provincia

I really like the range of mountains around Santiago and I know Cerro Carbon and Cerro Manquehue well, but I'm not that familiar with a lot of other peaks around here. Fortunately my RunningChile team mates Francisco and Alejandro know them really well and are always excited to show me a new peak.

For this run we went just half an hour outside of Santiago to run Cerro Provincia. It's a tough climb with a break in the middle where it's easier to run and roll through a few smaller hills. We reached the summit in a little over two hours and appreciated the unbelievable views of the Andes with many of the summits covered in snow.

Alejandro working the last section to the summit.

Alejandro, Francisco and me.

Summit of Cerro Provincia.

A little after the summit there's a geodesic dome where we stopped for a break and to get out of the wind. It would be a great place to stop overnight and enjoy staying up in the mountains.

Taking a break in the dome.

About to tackle the run back down.

Getting some sunlight on the way back down.

No comments: